Saturday, April 25, 2009

doing what you love

What do you love? What really turns you on or energizes you?
Some things we have to do, it's reality. And some things we do as a matter of habit, neither loving or hating them ,they just are a part of our everyday life. But then there are things that we really love and it makes a difference. Listen to someone talk about what they love and you can hear it in their voice and see it in their eyes.

I remember hearing Al Gore talk about the danger of global warming in his film "An Inconvenient Truth". Whether you agree with him or not there is no doubt in my mind about his commitment to it. You could hear it in his voice, see it in his mannerism. It was such a contrast to his presidential run. He is where he needs to be -doing what he loves.

For me I love to walk, love to garden , and love rain. Fortunately I live in the Pacific Northwest which is friendly to all three. I make time to walk - not just for exercise and mood enhancement (very true and valid)- but because I truly love to do it. I love growing things - especially when surprises happen - and I love rain, even a few times doing garden work out it in (I know, I'm strange, but that's okay:) )

So how about you? What do you love and are you making time for it? Even if it's only once in a while or for short bits, make sure that you spend some time doing things you really like. Even if no one else understands you need to do it for you. Life is too short to be always bogged down by the necessities. It should be lived. This I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment